Statue of Unity
India is a great country and also a country where different diversities live together in the family. There may be differences between people but their hearts fully belong to the country. This is not just a country but a nation full of different languages and castes and among them, there is a strong thread that ties are the thread of love that ties themselves to each other.
One of the threads of India that not only took part in the freedom struggle of the nation but also served independent India with his full dedication. He works hard to bring various presidencies to India and has successfully collected 565 Presidencies in a short time duration.
The Iron Man of India:
The name of the Iron Man of India or the man that places a great role in making India united was a great leader of India and also a freedom fighter that took part in various movements with “The Father of the Nation- Mahatma Gandhi”. He has played major roles in the freedom struggles for the country’s independence and has also been arrested many times by the british forces.
Geographical Location of the Statue:
World’s tallest statue- “The Statue Of Unity” is situated in the city Rajpipla of Gujarat which is located on the banks of Narmada River and is near to the Sardar Sarovar Dam. This greatest statue is situated on a river island named Sadhu Bet and is facing the Narmada Dam. This monument is surrounded by 20000 square feet of balcony and a 12 square-kilometers artificial lake is surrounding itself as an outline of the statue.
It is crowned with the tallest statue of the world with a height of 182 meters which is as twice as the Statue of Liberty of America.
The world’s tallest statue is 100 Feet taller from the Chinese Spring Temple of Buddha.
Facts about the tallest Statue:
- It is the world’s tallest statue with a height of 182 meters.
- It has a high-speed lift in the legs of the statue that takes approx 30 seconds to reach the heart of the Iron Man of India.
- This is the tallest man-made structure in the world at the current scenario.
- The total expenditure with which the greatest statue is made is about 3050 Crores.
- This great statue is the result of nearly 33 months of hard work of the Engineers and Workers of L&T Limited.
- 3000 Workers including 300 Engineers of Larsen & Toubro(L&T) work hard to make this “Statue Of Unity” for India.
- There is a bronze cladding layer on the whole Statue of Unity to give a great look to the statue.
- The tallest statue of “Sardar Patel” is beautiful and also the strongest which can withstand earthquakes and is designed for the stormy winds of 100 Kilometers/second.
How can you buy the Statue of Unity ticket:
Tickets for the statue of Unity booking can be done online before 24 hours of your visit. You would have to carry a “Soft copy” or a “HardCopy Print-out” of the ticket while you visit the statue.
List of various types of Tickets you can buy to look after the Statue:
- BASIC/GENERAL ENTRY TICKET:
This ticket costs ₹150 for Adults and ₹90 for Children who are in the age group of 3-15 years..
- VIEWING GALLERY TICKET:
This ticket costs ₹380 for Adults and ₹230 for Children and this ticket covers the benefits of Basic Entry Ticket.
- EXPRESS ENTRY TICKET:
This ticket costs ₹1030 for Adults and Children.
- FOREIGNER EXPRESS ENTRY TICKET:
This ticket costs ₹1530 for adults and ₹850 for children.
This ticket is meant for Non-Indian tourists from abroad. This ticket has the benefits of all the Express Entry Tickets.
Is One-Day enough to visit the monument:
Yes, you have to invest an approximate time of 1.5 hours to visit the Statue Of Unity but if you visit other attractions of the monument it will require the whole day.
- The statue gets open for tourists in the morning at 8 and closes at 6 in the evening.
- You are advised not to take any kind of food item along with you in the monument.
- If you feel hungry while visiting the statue there is a food court in the statue for you.
Must visit Attractions near the Statue Of Unity:
- VIEWING GALLERY OF STATUE OF UNITY:
A gallery is there at 153 meters of the statue which shows a flashback of the journey of the Sardar Patel Statue. A 200 people at a time will get a lucky chance to look after the great looks of Sardar Sarovar Dam, Satpura and the Vindhyachal Mountain Ranges.
A museum which throws lights on the life and achievements of the “Iron Man Of India”. The museum have pictures that provides a flashback of the journey of Sardar Patel and his contributions to the country. The museum will surely make an emotional touch with the visitors who visit the statue.
- A GREAT LODGING FACILITY:
A 3-Star lodging facility along with a food court is also there which can be a great attraction for a food-lover.
- AN EXCELLENT LIGHT SHOW:
A 30-Minute long Colorful Light and Sound show is also performed at 7 o’clock in the evening with the use of various high-resolution projectors placed at a distance of 600 meters from the statue that throws light on the life of Sardar Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel(Sardar Patel).
- VALLEY OF FLOWERS:
A Valley of Flowers is there in the monument that has a vast variety of flowers at a single place.It covers a area of 230 hectares in which various plants are planted that enhances the beauty of the garden. This garden took you close to the nature.
- SARDAR SAROVAR DAM: Sardar Sarovar Dam was a result of the great vision of the First Deputy Prime Minister of India Sardar Vallabhai Patel. Soon in the year 1961 on the day of 5 April, the first prime minister of India Pt.Jawarlal Nehru laid the foundation stone of the project that helps the people of Gujarat.
Soon as the work on this project started the three state governments were in opposition of this project. As a solution to the dispute, 60% of the available water was provided to Madhya Pradesh, 32% to Gujarat, and the rest 3% to Maharashtra.
The funding of the project was financed by the World Bank. The water level of the Sardar Sarovar dam leads to the highest capacity in the state.
The greatest statue of Unity is also built near this great dam to enhance the beautiful view of the statue. The View of the Dam from the Statue of Unity is incredible and currently, this scene is mostly loved by the tourists who visit the Statue of Unity.
- SELFIE POINT:
Selfie lovers have also been taken care of during the construction of the Statue of Unity. For them there is a selfie point near the statue which is basically meant for photography. Here, at this point you will be able to click photos as well as selfies with the statue.
This place is designed in this way so that you can easily click pictures with the greatest Sardar Patel Statue and store your lovely memories with the Statue of Unity in you cameras and in your heart also.
- ZARWANI WATERFALLS:
A beautiful waterfall is there nearby the Statue of Unity which is a refreshing picnic spot for the people who visit Sardar Patel Statue.
You can try hiking, camping, and trekking at this place. There are various government quarters for those who do not prefer sleeping in camps.
- WALL OF UNITY:
A wall of dimensions 50 feet ×15 feet is made near the Statue of Unity which enhances the beauty of the statue and also a feeling of patriotism is also taken into mind while making the wall.
The soil and iron was taken from 1,69,078 villages to made the statue.
- SARDAR PATEL ZOOLOGICAL PARK AND SAFARI:
There is a Safari spread over 550,000 square meters of area and a distance of 2.5 Km from the statue of unity is a most attractive tourist destination for the nature lovers. This is spealized for big cats that includes Royal Bengal Tiger, Asiatic Lion, and Leopards.
It is also a home for 12 kinds of species of Deer, zebra, antelope, rhino, giraffe and other animals. This also have 170 species of fauna from 17 countries.
- CHILDREN NUTRITION PARK:
While in the current times just food have become the first choice of children, a nutrition park plays a greater role in building healthy food habits in growing children. The Children Nutrition Park is opened between 10 A.M to 6 P.M on Tuesday to Friday and 9 A.M to 9 P.M on weekends i.e Saturdays and Sundays.
- CACTUS GARDEN:
This garden is a must visit attraction for those who think cactus can’t be beautiful.
A Cactus Garden is near the statue which shows various species of cactus in various attractive designs which enhances a love to the cantus.
Helicopter, boat and a Safari Ride for the guests:
- You can get an extraordinary view of the Statue of Unity from the sky by a helicopter ticket of just ₹2900 per person and 5-7 persons can take the benefits of the ride at a time.
- The helicopter service is open from 9:30 in the morning till 1 hour before the sunset on all the days except the weekly off on Monday.
- A 1 hour boat ride in the Narmada River for just ₹290/Person and there is also a facility of River-Rafting and Riverfront Cycling at the monument.
- A Jungle-Safari is also a great attraction for adults and children with the tickets of ₹200 for adults and ₹135 for children.
How to Reach the Statue Of Unity by various modes of Transport:
- The address of the statue is- SARDAR SAROVAR DAM, STATUE OF UNITY ROAD KEVADIYA VILLAGE NARMADA, GUJARAT.
- It is about a distance of 100 Kilometers from Vadodara, 200 Kilometers from the Capital of Gujarat- Ahmedabad, and 420 Kilometers from Mumbai.
- You can also reach the nearest village of KEVADIYA of Narmada District from where the statue is about 3.5 Kilometers away from there.
- Nearest Airport to the Statue of Unity is Vadodara Airport and you can take a cab for the Sardar Patel Statue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Vadodara Railway Station by which Cabs are there to reach the Statue.
- Nearest Bus Station is Kevadiya Bus Stop which is near to the location of Statue of Unity.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the height of Statue Of Unity?
Answer: 182 Meters.
- What is the cost of the Statue of Unity?
Answer: 2900 Crores.
- Can we make a Statue of Unity online booking?
Answer: Yes, you can do online booking for all the tickets of Statue Of Unity.
- How much revenue is generated from Statue Of Unity?
Answer: There has been an earning of Rupees 80.65 Crores since the inauguration of the Statue.
- Can we stay at Statue Of Unity?
Answer: Yes, there are many accomodation options at affordable rates near the Statue of Unity.
- Is Camera allowed inside the Statue Of Unity?
Answer: Yes, you can carry Camera inside the statue after a security check at the entry gates of the statue.
- On which day the Statue Of Unity is Closed?
Answer: The statue will remain closed on every Monday for tourists.
- Is food available at the Statue Of Unity?
Answer: Yes, there is a Food Court at the Statue Of Unity.
- How to Reach the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue from Ahmedabad?
Answer: The Statue is roughly 200 km from Ahmedabad, as there is no direct facility from Ahmedabad to the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue. You are advised to hire a full-day taxi service to get the statue.
A TRIBUTE TO THE SOLDIERS OF THE ARMED FORCES OF INDIA –